Thursday, July 22, 2010

i love mail

A long lost letter arrived at a Stockton, CA address 70 years after being postmarked... incredible.  Check out the news video here

Who knows if I've ever had one of my letters lost.  As far as I know, my mail always arrives at its destination.  I must admit, I LOVE the US Postal Service.  I really do.  Even though the lines are sometimes long at the post office, their service is really great for the prices they charge.  For 44 cents, I can write to my friends across the country and have my letter delivered within 3 days.  Yes, I can email for free but that does not generate the same effect as a handwritten note.  Tell me you don't smile when you receive a card in your mailbox?  You received something other than a bill.  You are important enough that someone actually slowed down their life, sat down and penned some words just for you.  The lines can be bypassed at many locations by using the Automated Postal Centers and ordering stamps online or picking them up at local drugstores.  My current stamps are from the adorable Animal Rescue: Adopt A Shelter Pet series.  But I can't wait to get my hands on the recently issued Sunday Funnies.  The mail and Sunday comics... two of my favorite things!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment